The Groove Selections (TGS) is a podcast hosted by XtrovetDJ , a house music addict from South Africa. TGS is all about house music mixtapes. It was founded on the 25th of August 2017. True love for house music was the main reason and inspiration to start this podcast.
Vision and Mission
TGS's main purpose is “to not let my friends listen to bad music”, to introduce good music to my fellow house heads. TGS promotes house music; it introduces both latest tunes and classics, local and international music to the people out there. The scenario here is simple. Producers are like the chefs; they cook food for the soul, which is music. XtrovetDJ is the waiter; he puts music together and serves it. Not just any kind of music but house music, in a form of podcasts or mixtapes. The Groove Selections is a restaurant; a place where you “Get Served With Good Music”.
1. If it’s not a hit, don’t play it. If it doesn’t hit your spirit, you not gonna feel it.
2. Always play from the heart.
3. Don’t let your friends listen to bad music.
4. Harmonic mixing, a story behind every set.
5. Proper selection and sequencing.